Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I have found a place to live!!!! It´s quite exciting. It is in a very modern apartment in the Parte Vieja (Old Parte) of the city. Very cute apartment with 2 guys: one from the Dominican Republic and the other from Brazil. They seem really nice but I only met them for a couple minutes. I haven´t moved in yet. I was going to meet with the owner this afternoon at 1:30 but he wasn´t able to make it. So I might meet with him tomorrow or Thursday afternoon. I am still staying with my professor, who has been amazing to me. Her name is Ainhoa and he house is so cute and she has two dogs and a yard and a shared pool with her neighbors. She told me I can stay at her place as long as I want but I don´t want to overstay my welcome. Every night I have had dinner with her and her husband and she leaves me breakfast every morning. It´s been incredible. But I´m really excited to unpack my suitcases and have a place to call home.

I came to the school yesterday to meet all the professors and meet 2 of my classes. I am going to have 11 classes between Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be long days because I will be here almost all day but Monday I don´t come until 7:00 and Thursday and Friday I don´t have anything. The professors here are so friendly and nice. They just accepted me yesterday like I was one of them and I went and had coffee with a professor named Ana. And then I had 2 classes...one at 7:00 and the other at 8:00. The students are varied in age and experience with English but so nice and really want to learn. I did an activity with each class and told them where I am from in the States and just a little about me. In one class I did an activity with the differences with words in America and words in the U.K. For example, in America we say ´Highway´ and in the U.K. they say ´Main Road.´ It was a lot of fun. In the other class, they had to turn phrases into questions for me. I was a little un-prepared for this and had to think really quickly but it was fun. Very personal questions but it was fine. They all laughed at my jokes so I immediately loved them.

I am back at the school today and have 3 classes. It´s nice to be here and to see how the clases are structured and meet all the students. I have class in about 20 minutes so I need to get ready. More when I get a moment.

Besos a todos!

1 comment:

C. said...

I love the excitement in your posts! I cannot wait to keep reading about your new adventure!