Friday, September 21, 2007

My journey to Spain is about to begin. In about 24 hours I will be arriving in Atlanta with just enough time to run to my next plane bound for Madrid. My parents and I are driving to Salt Lake City tomorrow morning at 4:00 am and then I fly out at 11:30 am.

My bags are almost packed. I thought packing was going tobe so easy this time because I was so organized (or so I thought). My dad and I started to pack and with about half my things in my 2 suitcases my dad asks: "What is the weight limit for international flights?" I tell him I am allowed 2 suitcases weighing 50 pounds each. He then says that we better weigh my suitcases to see where I am at. We weigh them on the bathroom scale and one weighs 65 pounds and the other 55 pounds...already 20 pounds over my weight limit and not even half packed! Panic starts to set in. What the hell am I going to do? My dad tells me that I better re-evaluate my "stuff" and decide what I can live without. I take out 10 pounds of books that I guess I can live without. I would rather have shoes than books anyways. I had literally already given away 2/3 of my clothes and shoes and what I am taking with me is my bare mininum. We called Delta to see what the overage charges are...let's just say it's quite ridculous. Eventually my dad decided he would pay for the overage charge and instead of sending it, I would just pack it with me.

It's been a good week here in Battle Mountain. I thought I was going to go crazy after 2 days but it has gone by faster than I ever imagined it would. Being able to spend time with Elliott and my sister and parents has been well-needed. Elliott finally knows who I am and comes running when he sees me. He calls me " Ce Ce" and it's pretty darn cute. We are going to carve a pumpkin in a couple hours. I am going to miss him so much.

That's about all for now. Once I get into Madrid I'll let everyone know. Wish me luck on the flight...I'm not exactly looking forward to it!

No comments: