Thursday, September 27, 2007

I´m finally here!

Hello to All!

Yes I am finally in Spain. Let´s just say that is wasn´t the easiest trip I have ever made but I arrived, nonetheless. I arrived last night around 6:30. I had a difficult getting out of Salt Lake because air traffic control in Memphis was down so there were no flights leaving, arriving or could fly into Memphis air space. So our flight was delayed an hour and then we had to be re-routed down to New Orleans and then through part of the Gulf of Mexico. Instead of taking 3 hours to get to Atlanta it took us almost 5 hours. Originally I only had 1 hour to make my next flight to Madrid and, of course, I missed it. I was still in the air when the flight took off. So I arrived in Atlanta and they re-booked me for a flight to London and then to Madrid. I had a couple hours in both Atlanta and London before my flights left so it put me even farther behind. I hardly slept on the flight from Atlanta to London because I was in the very last row in the very last seat next to the bathrooms and the flight attendant station. And I discoved that flight attendants from the South should all be named Cathy because they are super chatty. It was quite annoying. So I hardly got any sleep and then arrived in London and had to wait another couple hours for my next flight. I didn´t have any British pounds with me and I didn´t want to use my Visa because it would have been like $6 for a bottle of water so I just walked around and looked at all the things I couldn´t buy. I finally got on the plane and arrived in Madrid only to find out that my bags were still in the States. And the Delta office at the Madrid airport is only open from 8:00 to 12:00 and it was about 7:00. Go figure! I´m convinced Spainards hate working....

Well I only have a couple more minutes on internet time. I´ll update more when I get to San Sebastian tomorrow night. Love you all. Thanks for the e-mails. I promise to respond when I get the time.

No comments: