Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So it´s Wednesday afternoon and my first week of teaching is finally winding down. I have only one more class to go to and then 4 days to recuperate from this week. It has actually been a very good week...incredibly busy but good. I had 4 classes on Monday, 7 yesterday and 3 today. Thankfully I did the same thing in all my classes so it was easy to prepare and execute. The only bad thing was that by the 5th time of saying the same thing it became a little boring. But the students are very enthusiastic and that makes it fun for me. I have at least one student that I know in every class so that has been very nice. It´s nice to walk into the classroom and see at least one familiar face instead of having 40 eyes staring back at me thinking "Whose is this girl?"

The weather here has been typically Basque Country weather. Today the sun is shining and it is gorgeous outside. Yesterday it was rainy and cloudy all day. Tomorrow...who knows? I know I should be used to it by now (and even more so growing up in Nevada where you can experience all 4 seasons in one day) but it still baffles me. I just try to enjoy the sunny days and not complain too much about the rainy ones.

Tomorrow I don´t really have too much to do. I will probably spend the day sleeping and doing housework. And then tomorrow night I am going to cook dinner with a new friend that I have made here in Irun. Her name is Katie and she is from Missouri. She is teaching here also in Irun in the same program and we have become fast friends. It´s really nice to have another American to be able to hang out with and get to know.

Friday I am having dinner with some students and then the rest of the weekend I have no idea what I am going to do. Life here in Spain always seems to be interesting and full of surprises so I never know what will be thrown my way. But I´ll let you all know next week!

1 comment:

Jordan and Alison Berry said...

I can sympathize with the same class in a row syndrome. By the time I get to my fourth Core Humanities discussion section all my jokes are stale and I think I've already mentioned everything. Es terrible!