Sunday, June 8, 2008

When did the world become so complicated? Or maybe the question should be: When did my life become so complicated? I've been thinking today about how easy life was as a child. No job. No bills. No complicated relationships. Just school, friends and summer vacations. The only time things got complicated was when...well, I can't really think of a time. You had your friends. Your family. Your place. For me, at least, it was quite uncomplicated.

I've also been thinking a lot about my life lately and all it's complications. Where do I want to be? What is really important to me? Which path do I want to choose and will it be the right path? What people do I want to surround myself with to help me with the complications? Where/What is my place in this world? As you can see, my poor little head has been very occupied with these complications.

On the plus side, this weekend was the first time in my life that I actually felt like an adult. A real adult. Doing adult things. I spent the weekend in Donosti with a person that I am crazy about. We lived like adults and it was great. I mean, I figured one day I would actually have this feeling. Well, I hoped for it. But I always wondered when it would come. And now, on the verge of completing 25 years in this world, I finally feel like an adult.

Maybe that is what being an adult is all about: complications. If so, I suppose I like the feeling of being an adult enough to deal with the complications. It doesn't seem to be easy but it surely feels worth it.

No comments: