Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back in the USA

I am back in the states...have been for a week now. It's weird and strange but good. I am glad to be with my parents and see my nephew every day. It's nice to be able to eat Mexican food anytime I want. I love being in the same time zone as my friends and family. It's mostly good all around.

But yet I still miss Spain. I miss my job. I miss my students. I miss my life there. My heart is still in Irun. I honestly can't wait to go back.

I went to Dublin on my way home. Here are the things I liked and disliked about the city:

Likes:
They drive on the left side of the road
They have double decker buses
They speak English.
It seems to be a very international city--I don't even know if I actually saw someone from Ireland!
They have Starbucks (familiar places are good)

Dislikes:
It is so expensive.
It rained while I was there.
Everyone is American.
It felt a lot like London, which feels a lot like the States.
They have Starbucks ( American people/things are taking over the world)
There is no where to sit down outside. Seriously, there are no benches on the streets.

So, yeah, Dublin was just ok. Didn't love it. Didn't hate it. I would like to see what else Ireland has to offer me.

Arrived in Salt Lake City completely dead. My parents and sister met me at the airport. We spent the night there and then drove the 5 hours home the next day. Two days later I got back in the car for a road trip across the entire state of Nevada and part of Utah with my sister and her fiance. Another 3 days in the car. I was able to see some friends in Reno and my grandparents and spend time with my sissy. But I was very glad to be back home and out of a car.

I started work yesterday. Not at the mine but at a hotel here in the town where I grew up. It's pretty shitty work but I manage to make it through the day. I surely don't like it but I am glad to have something to do and a paycheck coming my way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Season! I'm a pupil of yours (I'm in the 4th. level). We miss you too.
We passed the exam in June. Thank you very much!
I hope you'll return soon.

Anonymous said...

You love it here and you know it!!! It is too hard for you to stay away from us. But maybe I should go with you to Spain. This town makes me crazy...............

Anonymous said...

So does "pretty shitty" mean "beautiful poo???" Just teasing Season :) Maybe you can be the Vicks bop o roob girl at the hotel!!! Come back to Reno soon Season, we miss you!!! Love and Friendship, Lanceman