Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things I'm looking forward to in Spain:

-cafe con leche
-speaking Spanish every day
-the beach
-siesta
-my 12 hour work week
-making new friends
-Juantxo's (the best sandwiches ever are served here)
-drinking wine for lunch...or at 10:00 in the morning
-traveling
-returning to the place where I felt like I belonged
-a more relaxed life
-seeing many, many mullets every day and laughing hysterically
-being able to talk in English about others and them have no idea what I'm saying
-reading more

Things I'm NOT looking forward to in Spain:

-lack of ethnic food (a girl can only eat so much paella)
-99% of meals being made with seafood and/or eggs
-Weird Basque guys
-the 9 hour time difference
-not being able to pick up the phone and call my friends any time I want
-not being able to talk to my sisters and nephew every day
-not having the most important people in my life share my experiences with me
-the rain that doesn't stop for days
-the euro to dollar conversion
-having to pay way too much for internet
-lack of personal space in public places
-no clothes dryers

No comments: